For admission in January 2018
Students who have attempted the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) and are assessed not suitable to progress to Secondary School education or to re-attempt the PSLE.
For students who have attempted PSLE once, twice or thrice
- After receiving your child/ward’s PSLE results, you can submit the application through your child/ward’s Primary School or directly to NorthLight School by 1 December 2017.For student who attempted PSLE once, the application must be recommended by the Primary School Principal.
- Parent/Guardian will be notified on the outcome of application via letter of offer by 8 December 2017.
For Mainstream School Leaver (Secondary School)
- Mainstream School Leaver (MSL) from secondary school is recommended to consider Crest Secondary School or Spectra Secondary School first.
- Parent/Guardian can submit the application directly to NorthLight School from November 2017 onwards. Download Application form
- Mainstream School Leaver who applies to study in NorthLight School will be assessed by NorthLight School on a case-by-case basis for admission.
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by post.
- Priority for admission will be given to students who have attempted their PSLE thrice, twice or once in 2017.
- All applications by students from Special Education Schools shall be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, subject to the availability of vacancies after admissions of all applicants from Primary Schools who have attempted for PSLE and Mainstream School Leavers.
- Application for admission by international students will be considered when there is a vacancy and on a case-by-case basis in early February.
- The age requirements for the levels the students seeking admission to NorthLight School are as follows:
|Level Seeking Admission To||Permissible Age
(as at 1st January of Year of Admission)
|Year 1||13 to 15|
|Year 2||14 to 16|
|Year 3||15 to 17|
|Year 4||16 to 18|
- Letter of Offer;
- Successful applicants are required to bring along the following documents when they report for registration at NorthLight School:
- Completed Student Bio-data Form;
- Completed Financial Assistance (FAS) Application Forms with supporting income documents, if applicable;
- Notification Letter on successful application of MOE FAS from Primary School, if applicable;
- Parents’ NRICs/FINs;
- Completed Student Medical Record
- Medical Reports/Doctor’s letter, if any; and
- Sufficient cash to pay for the fees and uniform.
1. School Hours
7.45 am – 3.00 pm – Monday & Tuesday
7.45 am – 3.30 pm – Wednesday & Thursday
7.45 am – 12.30 pm – Friday
Students are to be in the Hall for the flag-raising ceremony, which commences at 7.45am sharp.
2. Office Hours (General Office)
7.00 am – 6.00 pm – Monday to Thursday
7.00 am – 5.30 pm – Friday
7.30 am – 5.30 pm – Monday to Thursday
7.30 am – 5.00 pm – Friday
Closed on Sun, Sat and Public Holidays.
3. One-way Free Shuttle Service to NorthLight School During School Days
From Admiralty MRT Station (Bus-stop No. B46779)
Day: Monday to Friday
Time: 6.30 am
From Bedok MRT Station (Bus stop No: 84031)
Day: Monday to Friday
Time: 6.30 am and 6.40 am
Click here to view pick-up points
3. Course Commencement
Date: 2 January 2018